Kate's Philadelphia Frenzy - Janice Hanna, Janice  Thompson

Series: Camp Club Girls, 5

Format: ebook, bind-up

Length: N/A

Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words. . .” can destroy your life!  That’s what Kate learns when her friend, Andrew, faces the fears of his life as a smear campaign threatens to destroy his dad, a star player for the Philadelphia Phillies. Kate, Sydney, and the other Camp Club Girls cry "foul"! They’re determined to find the base of the problem and call a save!

Favourite character: Kate

Least favourite character: N/A

Mini-review: I've read this book twice this year and somehow it feels like cheating on challenge. I've already passed my Goodreads challenge but towards my secret challenge, it really does feel dishonest.

Bookwise it was good. I enjoyed it. I like baseball, it's one of the two sports I understand (the other is hockey, can you tell I'm Canadian?). I liked the techie having to learn about sports. It's a nice change from Nancy Drew, who until the Girl Detective series (save one book in the Files) was already good at whatever she needed to be. It's nice to have Kate need to call Sydney because she's the sports fan.

Originally posted on If This Bookworm Has Offended