The Bad Beginning  - Lemony Snicket

Format: ebook

Length: 123 pages

Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Dear Reader,
I'm sorry to say that the book you are holding in your hands is extremely unpleasant. It tells an unhappy tale about three very unlucky children. Even though they are charming and clever, the Baudelaire siblings lead lives filled with misery and woe. From the very first page of this book when the children are at the beach and receive terrible news, continuing on through the entire story, disaster lurks at their heels. One might say they are magnets for misfortune.
In this short book alone, the three youngsters encounter a greedy and repulsive villain, itchy clothing, a disastrous fire, a plot to steal their fortune, and cold porridge for breakfast.
It is my sad duty to write down these unpleasant tales, but there is nothing stopping you from putting this book down at once and reading something happy, if you prefer that sort of thing.
With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket

Favourite character: Klaus

Least favourite character: Count Olaf

Mini-review: After watching the show, I forgot how short the first few books are. That being said, I love this series. And I would like to thank Netflix for this series the adaption it deserves.

I love books where the kids are smarter than the adults and this series definitely falls into that category. I have so many questions about this series that I'm sure I will discuss at some point.