Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer

Title: Life As We Knew It
Author: Susan Beth Pfeffer
Series: The Last Survivors, 1
Format: ebook
Length: 746 pages (iPhone)
Rating: 3.5 stars

Synopsis: Miranda’s disbelief turns to fear in a split second when a meteor knocks the moon closer to the earth. How should her family prepare for the future when worldwide tsunamis wipe out the coasts, earthquakes rock the continents, and volcanic ash blocks out the sun? As summer turns to Arctic winter, Miranda, her two brothers, and their mother retreat to the unexpected safe haven of their sunroom, where they subsist on stockpiled food and limited water in the warmth of a wood-burning stove.

Told in journal entries, this is the heart-pounding story of Miranda’s struggle to hold on to the most important resource of all--hope--in an increasingly desperate and unfamiliar world.

Favourite character: Matt
Least favourite character: Miranda & Megan

Mini-review: This was kind of incredible. So why the low rating, you may ask? Good question.

First though, I want to talk about how scary this book is. I'm talking about, it's so well written and believable that when you put the book down, you have to convince yourself your not in that world and if you go get a snack your not wasting your supplies.

The bad part(s) of this book? If it hadn't been narrated by Miranda and if Megan had been less overzealous.

Originally posted on If This Bookworm Has Offended